- Published on 09 April 2015
- Written by Administrator2
- Hits: 3598
Medical D unit is a new addition to the department of Medicine and was approved in January 2014. Currently, the unit`s faculty consists of highly trained consultants in the field of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, Medical Education and Rheumatology. The unit also consists of highly motivated postgraduate medical officers, ambitious house officers and supported by highly trained nursing staff. The mission of the unit is to provide quality care to the ailing community, and train the doctors and nurses working in the unit. The vision of the unit is to excel in providing quality care, postgraduate medical education and research. The values of our unit are quality patient’s management, services delivery, team work, multidisciplinary approach, and integrity.
Services / Procedures
Consultant ward Rounds regularly on daily Basis with updates professional teaching.Medical Care Services (Both diagnostic and therapeutic) are provided to patient.Patient Management according to national and international guidelines.Patient management in A&E department on take days (Every Thursday and Alternate Saturday as well as every 4TH Special Sunday).
Patients are managed according to National and International guidelines.SOPs of common diseases are prepared by Head of the department and Written as well as soft copies are available.
In Medical unit, we provide services to patients suffering from a variety of illnesses /diseases both emergency and stable, including:Gastro-intestinal and hepato-biliary diseases like, PUD, IBS, IBD, Hepatitis, CLD, CHB, HCC, Pancreatitis etc.
Neurological diseases like stroke, MND, Neuropathy, epilepsy etc.Cardiovascular, diseases like CAD, H.F, CMP, RHD, PVD, HTN, Respiratory disease like, Asthma, COPD, ILD, TB, etc.Endo-crine disorders like DM, and its complications, thyroid diseases, adrenal diseases etc.Multisystem / Rheumatoligical diseases like RA, SLE, SS, Vasculitides, sarcoidosis etc.All types of infectious diseases including acute and chronic infections.
|Following clinical procedures are performed when indicated:|
|Chest Tube Insertion,Para-centesisLiver Biopsy,Bone Marrow Aspiration|
|Academic program as per Rota including:|
|Journal Club (monthly)|
|Mortality Meeting (monthly)|
|Hospital CPC (Tuesday and Thursday)(monthly)|
|Power point presentations (weekly basis)|
|Long Case /Short Cases (during ward rounds and weekly basis)|
|Mini-Lecture Room in Medical “A” Unit with facilities of Multi-media and illuminators for X-ray, CT, MRI images.|
|Learning Resource Centre (LRC) with Internet facility/ three Wi-Fi systems provided to all PGTs free of cost.|
Professor Dr. Javed Iqbal Farooqi
- Passed his MBBS in 1987 from Khyber Medical College Peshawar. He passed FCPS (Medicine) in 1994 and FCPS (Gastroenterology) in 2002.
- Presently working as Associate Professor of Medicine in Government Lady Reading Hospital, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Peshawar.
- Remained Member of Faculty of Medicine CPSP, 2002-2007.
- 86 research papers as principal author to his credit, published in national and international indexed Medical Journals.
- 35 review papers and editorials to his credit as well.
- President of Pakistan Society of Hepatology, and remained the Vice President of Pakistan Society of Gastroenterology and GI Endoscopy
- Member of Asia-Pacific Association of Study of Liver (APASL), European Society of Liver Diseases (EASL), and American Association of Study of liver Diseases (AASLD).
- Was awarded “Young Clinician Award” in March 2000 in Hong Kong by Asia-Pacific Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy.
- Has presented 63 Research-Papers and 38 Guest-Lectures in National and International GI and Liver Conferences.
- Author of National Guidelines on the Management of Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Portal Hypertension and Variceal Bleeding, Hepatic Encephalopathy, GERD, H. Pylori, and Functional GI Diseases.
- Was awarded “Best Teacher Award” of Postgraduate Medical Institute Peshawar in 2005.
- Received “Best Paper of APASL” award in Seoul, Korea in 2009.
- Received “Best Paper of APASL” award in Karachi, Pakistan in 2014.