- Published on 30 January 2014
- Hits: 8336
The Information Technology Department was established in response to the growing demand for the use of IT within the Hospital environment. The mission for IT in Lady Reading Hospital is to provide comprehensive, integrated information services which enable the Hospital to meet its medical and business responsibilities as a healthcare provider serving the community in Pakistan.
The Computer Department provides information technology services to the Hospital.
- Is responsible for the day-to-day operational support of Hospital systems.
- Is responsible for the procurement/design of application software packages in line with authorised policy decisions.
- Implements these packages in conjunction with vendor personnel.
- Trains hospital users and develops system interfaces to link various packages into a consistent whole.
- Provides day-to-day support with the routine running of the computer systems in the Hospital.
- Supports the hardware and software which is in use within the Hospital.
The Information Technology Department (IT) is responsible for all network, computer, and health information systems at Lady Reading Hospital. IT is tasked with making sure Doctors Memorial Hospital is utilizing the most advanced and relevant Information Technology available to assist in bringing you the highest and most sophisticated level of care possible. Another responsibility of IT is to ensure the systems and equipment implemented in the hospital improves hospital efficiency, patient safety, and information interoperability.
- Provides training in basic office productivity tools – to the extent that these are justified;
- Provides training to the end user community in the hospital on various aspects of the software solutions which are implemented.
- Creates new software applications as these are approved;
- Develops additional functionality, user reports, data extracts, etc as required by authorized users from time to time.
Data & Recoreds
The computer department is the custodian of the electronic information held on the Hospital's computer systems. This includes:
- Patient data
- Laboratory investigation results
- Radiology investigation results
- Clinical services investigation requests & results
- Personnel data
- Financial data
- Patient related correspondence
- General correspondence
Health Information System
The HIS is the system that houses all of your electronic medical records (EMR) and is moving us away from paper charting to digital. It's IT job to make sure the systems that house your records are kept safe and running so they readily accessible.
The IT Dept is located in the ENT Block
Responsible for the Network infrastructure of the hospital, including switches, servers, routers, firewalls, email, internet access, wireless access, overall network security and IT hospital policy implementation and enforcement. Ensure users throughout the hospital are assisted with day to day help desk faults. Applications also liaise with external support companies to ensure the resolution of problems that arise from specific Healthcare related software systems.
- Software Development
- Service Cards
- Car Parking Stickers
- HR Software
- Hardware Repairing